Protecting personal data is very important to us and the use of a Platform by a child is subject to the consent of their parent or legal guardian.
For parents and legal guardians
For teachers, governors and other staff
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND YOUR CHILDREN, AND WHY?
Information you give us
The Platforms obtain the information you provide when you download and/or register on them. Registration with us is mandatory in order to be able to use a Platform.
When you register with us and use a Platform, you generally provide: (a) your name, email address, age (to confirm you are 18 or over), user name, password and other registration information; (b) a name and an email address for each child using an App, if using the Gooseberry Play App (in order for them to log in separately and for you to monitor each child’s progress) and the child’s year group at school if using the Gooseberry Student App (to check age appropriateness); (c) transaction-related information, such as when you make purchases, respond to any offers, or download or use applications from us; (d) information you provide us when you contact us for help; (e) credit card information for purchase and use of a Platform (if not dealt with through an appstore); and (f) information you enter into our system when using a Platform, such as contact information.
We may also use the information you provide to us to contact you from time to time to provide you with important information, required notices and marketing promotions from us about our own products if you have opted in.
Automatically collected information
In addition, the Platforms may collect the following information automatically:
• technical information including the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device’s unique device ID, the internet protocol (IP) address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system and the type of mobile internet browsers you use (in order to ensure the Platforms are presented in the most effective way for you and your device); and
• information about the way you use any of the Platforms or your visits to our Website including time spent using a Platform, time spent on a particular level and other interaction information (in order to improve the service we provide to you and to report progress to you as teachers and parents/legal guardians).
Information we receive from other sources
We use the following cookies:
• Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are essential for the operation of our Platforms. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into the Platforms and use our services.
• Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Platforms when they are using them. This helps us to improve the way things work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. We may also use Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google, Inc. which sets a number of cookies in order to provide us with information around your use of our services.
• Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Platforms. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Platforms.
Do the Apps collect precise real time location information of the device?
The Apps do not collect precise information about the location of your mobile device.
We may disclose your information:
• If we are required to do so by any legal or regulatory obligation or request;
• When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of our business, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
• With our trusted service providers who work on our behalf (for example, our lawyers), who do not have an independent use of the information we disclose to them, and have agreed to adhere to the rules set forth in this privacy statement;
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
• If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
WHERE DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The personal information that we collect from you will be stored by us on servers in the European Economic Area and will not be processed or transferred by us outside of the European Economic Area. LU may store your data outside the EEA.
YOUR OPT-OUT RIGHTS
You can stop all collection of information by the Platforms easily by uninstalling the Apps or ceasing to access the Platforms. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network. You can also request to opt-out of marketing emails from us by selecting the opt-out option at the bottom of such email or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Unlike many organisations, we will not charge you when providing you with the details of the information we hold about you. You can make a request for this information by contacting us by email at email@example.com or by post at Gooseberry Planet Ltd, Unit 8, Rooks Farm, The Street, Rotherwick, Hants, RG27 9BG.
DATA RETENTION POLICY, MANAGING YOUR INFORMATION
We will retain information you give us for as long as you use the Platforms and for a reasonable time thereafter. We will retain automatically collected information for up to 24 months and thereafter may store it in aggregate. If you’d like us to delete the information you have given to us via the Platforms, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond in a reasonable time. Please note that some or all of the information you give us may be essential in order for the Platforms to function properly.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your and your children’s information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. For example, we limit access to this information to authorised employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Platforms.
Please be aware that, although we endeavour to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your data whilst it is transmitted to us. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
If you have any questions regarding privacy while using a Platform, or have questions about our practices, please contact us via email at email@example.com or phone on +44 (0)1865 366 468 or by post to Gooseberry Planet Ltd, Unit 8, Rooks Farm, The Street, Rotherwick, Hants, RG27 9BG. We have notified the Information Commissioner’s Office about our data processing activities under notification number ZA194101.