Conversation starters for using social media:
- Are you using any social media platforms?
- Why are you using them? – Is it to promote yourself or to communicate with friends?
- What’s appropriate to say and do online and what is not?
- Let’s talk about “likes” and what they mean to you?
- Do you have any worries about what you had seen on social media?
Social media can impact our wellbeing and opening up the conversation with children and young adults may allow them to understand why certain things makes them feel the way they do. It may also give them the opportunity to reveal any worries that they might not otherwise discuss with you.
Don’t forget to sign up for our alerts. This month we have a free quiz.